For 2 days in August, Navrun will be based in
the iconic 4wd destination of the Pyrenees Ranges.
Your team, consisting of at least 2 people, will
be treated to a range of navigational challenges to complete using
your map, GPS and observational skills.
Track difficulty will vary from easy to medium,
with the option to tackle some tough tracks should you wish.
You can expect to see the following courses in
some form across the weekend:
1. Route Course - Plot and drive a course on your
supplied paper map using the clues and GPS points given in your
track notes. Points will be awarded for answering questions and
matching photos found along the correct route. Challenging terrain
and spectacular views will feature heavily.
2. Waypoint Course - Given a set of clues, descriptions and GPS
points you will need to identify and drive to specific locations
across the ranges. You determine the strategy by choosing the
tracks and order used to get to them.
3. Stick Map Course - Decipher the map, follow the course
a keen-eyed navigator is essential for this one.
What, When and Where:
- A navigational 4wd challenge through the iconic Pyrenees Ranges
- 22nd & 23rd August 2020
- Base Camp - Glenpatrick Recreation Reserve
- Medium (with optional hard tracks)
- 2 days of 4wding and navigation challenges
- Large campground with 2wd access and toilets
- Hot breakfast and dinner Saturday & Sunday
- Official paper maps and track notes
- A prize pool in excess of $2000 with major prizes for top 3
teams and trophies all the way to 10th place.
- A fun weekend with great people
- A 4wd with low range, ground clearance, recovery gear and all
terrain tyres or better
- GPS - Tablet or laptop running Oziexplorer is suggested
- Camping gear
- Driver and Navigator (more passengers are welcome)
- $350 entry fee - includes single 4wd team with Driver and Navigator.
Extra passengers are welcome, and will only incur a $30pp fee
to cover catering.
Further details please contact Gary Coates
or phone 0408 374 456.